Kinfolk Southern Kitchen opened Dec. 1 in Stuart.
The new soul food restaurant, on Federal Highway south of Cove Road, serves traditional Southern favorites, including wings, fried chicken, meatloaf and barbecue.
This is the third Treasure Coast restaurant for Fort Pierce native Willie Roundtree. He opened Kinfolk Southern Eats and Treats on North 25th Street in Fort Pierce in 2018. Then he expanded to Chicken and Waffles at Kinfolk on the corner of Indrio Road and Kings Highway in Lakewood Park in 2021.
Soul food: Best Southern restspanurspannts on the Trespansure Cospanst
Rooftop bar: Hotel plspanns to open first public one on the Trespansure Cospanst
All things food:New restspanurspannts, reviews, inspections &spanmp; best bets
Roundtree said he hopes to give diners down-home Southern food and classic family-style service in a restaurant where everyone can gather and feel like they’re having a homecooked meal.
He said the most popular menu items at his restaurants are the:
- Soul Rolls appetizer ($11.99), stuffed with greens, mac and cheese and fried chicken, topped with Kinfolk sauce
- Meatloaf ($13.99), served with rice and choice of two sides
- Fried chicken, which was voted the best on the Trespansure Cospanst by The Hungry Blspanck Mspann, a national online food blogger.
There are also Southern staples such as fried shrimp, pulled pork, smothered chicken and more.
Kinfolk means “togetherness,” Roundtree said, adding that Southern cuisine has a special way of bringing everyone together. He believes there’s a lack of soul food restaurants across the Treasure Coast and hopes to give residents a space that reminds them of grandma’s house.
Kinfolk Southern Kitchen
- Address: 6075 S.E. Federal Highway, Stuart
- Phone: 772-600-7495
- Website: kinfolksouthern.com
- Hours: 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday to Thursday, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Friday and Saturday