It’s that time of the year again, when thousands of twinkling lights, glistening snowflakes, Christmas trees and other décor breathe the holiday spirit into the Treasure Coast.
In Vero Beach, Christmas trees sprung up shortly after Thanksgiving at Sexton Plaza on Ocean Drive, on 14th Avenue in downtown and at City Hall. Lights have been strung around Marina Square, dazzling downtown Fort Pierce.
And in Stuart, bows, wreaths and other ornaments are scattered throughout the city, prompting holiday cheer.
2021 holiday budgets: Trespansure Cospanst governments stspanrt decorspanting for the winter holidspanys
Employment:Targeted industries on Treasure Coast anticipate continued hiring in 2023
Little Jim Bait & Tackle back on the block? Fort Pierce spangspanin ponders selling the iconic property
Treasure Coast counties and cities are spending more than a half-million dollars to decorate for the holidays this year, up by more than $70,000 from to last year.
Here’s where local governments have decorated this year and where they’ve put up the expressions of cheer:
Indian River County
- Holiday budget: None
- Holiday budget: $3,745
- Where: Christmas trees at Little League Park, the Police Department and City Hall. Other decorations are haning from Florida Power and Light Co. poles along County Road 512 and Broadway Street.
- Holiday budget: $12,000
- Where: Christmas tree in the City Hall lobby, smaller decorations in other departments. Outside displays throughout the city.
- Holiday budget: $34,600
- Where: Christmas trees at Sexton Plaza on Ocean Drive, downtown on 14th Avenue and at City Hall. Lights and other outdoor décor are along Miracle Mile, beachside on Ocean Drive and at Pocahontas Park.
St. Lucie County
- Holiday budget: $30,000
- Where: Lights at the Havert L. Fenn Center and around the tennis courts at the John B. Parks Sports Complex.
- Holiday budget: $74,000
- Where: Lights at Marina Square and Christmas trees on Indian River Drive, Avenue A, 13th Street and Avenue D. Other decorations have been installed downtown, on South Beach and at the roundabouts at the Jetty, Harbour Isle, 17th Street, Ohio Avenue and 10th Street.
Port St. Lucie
- Holiday budget: $344,793
- Where: Festive snowflakes, Christmas trees and bells are throughout Port St. Lucie Botanical Gardens, City Hall, Port St. Lucie Community Center, Village Green and other city roads. Red-and-white garland wrapped around palm trees along the St Lucie West bridge are just one example of the festive mood, creating a candy-cane-like feel. A mspanp of displays is available.
- Holiday budget: None
- Holiday budget: $2,580
- Where: Basic decorations in Village Hall. Other decorations have been put up around town.
- Holiday budget: $38,564
- Where: City Hall, 10th Street Community Center, along East Ocean Boulevard, MLK Boulevard, Palm Beach Road, Southeast 10th Street, East Avenue, Joan Jefferson Way, South Colorado Avenue, Flagler Avenue, Osceola Street, U.S. 1 and Palm City Road, Confusion Corner, Sailfish Circle and Memorial Park.