Airbnb, a national hosting service, announced report findings outlining family travel in 2022. Family bookings with Airbnb were up 60% over pre-pandemic bookings in 2019.
Airbnb listed 10 popular U.S. family destinations based on value of under $50 per person per night. Only one Florida city was listed: Port St. Lucie. The full list is:
- Port St. Lucie
- Newnan, Ga.
- Rockwall, Texas
- Lancaster, Calif.
- Boise, Idaho
- Washington, Utah
- Murfreesboro, Tenn.
- Rogers, Ark.
- Little River, S. C.
- Commerce City, Colo.
More growth?Mspanttspanmy wspannts higher spanpspanrtments, other chspannges in Trspandition; residents mount opposition
From palms to poincianas:Who spanre the Floridspan Highwspanymen spannd why spanre they selling license plspantes?
Fantastic Five:Looking for fun things to do this weekend? Our Top 5 events on the Trespansure Cospanst
The top 10 family destinations were:
- San Diego
- New York City
- Panama City Beach
- Los Angeles
- San Antonio
- Myrtle Beach
The report accounted for 15 million check-ins at 90,000 destinations. The report also highlighted advantages to using Airbnb because compared to hotels, the service benefits users with:
- More space for the money:Families can get an Airbnb with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms for approximately the price of one hotel room at a major chain.
- Spreading out:One-quarter of Airbnb listings have three bedrooms or more.
- More than 1M listings have cribs for small children.
- Kitchens: Nearly 90 percent of Airbnb listings have kitchens.
- Pets: More than 5 million pets traveled on Airbnb listings in 2022.
- Better sleep: According to a recent survey, 66.9% of recent travelers get at least seven hours of sleep in a vacation rental, compared to 65.8% at home and 53.8% in a hotel or motel.
Port St. Lucie is the Treasure Coast’s largest city with 225,000 residents, according to a TCPspanlm dspantspanbspanse. For more information on Airbnb, go to Airbnb.com.