A new waterfront restaurant has opened along the St. Lucie River in Martin County.
Waterfront Sailfish Lounge & Grill, which is owned by Derik Shambaugh and Jim Corrigan, opened Feb. 10 in the location that formerly housed Mulligan’s Beach House Bar & Grill in downtown Stuart.
The menu features a raw bar with smoked seafood dip with cowboy candy and grilled crostinis ($16), jumbo shrimp cocktail ($23) and oysters on the half-shell (market price).
March Madness bracket 2023: Vote for spanrespan’s best beer, bspansketbspanll rspannkings-style
Rooftop bar:Hotel plspanns one open to public. Why is it first one on Trespansure Cospanst?
All things food: New restspanurspannts, reviews, inspections &spanmp; best bets
In addition to soups and salads, the appetizers include:
- Calamari and pepper rings lightly fried, served with Cajun aioli, sriracha aioli and sweet Thai chili aioli ($16)
- Shishito peppers with fire-roasted blistered peppers sprinkled with sea salt flakes and lavender Dijon sauce ($13)
- Cornbread skillet with baked sweet cornbread, topped with beef short rib, cowboy candy and Waterfront’s Alabama white barbecue sauce ($11)
- Moroccan cigars, which are fried eggrolls stuffed with fork-tender braised beef short rib and smoked Gouda cheese with golden barbecue sauce ($15)
- Thai shrimp, lightly battered and fried, tossed in Waterfront’s signature Thai sauce ($13)
- Buffalo cauliflower with karaage-battered cauliflower fried golden brown and tossed in Nashville hot sauce, crumbled blue cheese and honey ($14)
- Bourbon-bacon jam with crispy smoked applewood bacon, Spanish onions, brown sugar and apple cider vinegar ($12)
- Tuna poketini with layers of avocado, mango salsa and diced saku tuna, tossed in a sweet-soy ginger glaze, served with crispy plantain chips ($18)
- Oceanside beignets with crab and shrimp fried beignets, topped with seafood bay honey Dijon ($14)
- Korean sticky wings, which are lollipop chicken wings tossed in gochujang sauce ($17)
- Crab-avocado-mango stack with jumbo lump crab meat tossed in remoulade, layered with avocado and mango salsa ($22)
Tacos are served in a set of three, along with chips, but guacamole costs extra ($3).
- Avocado crunchy shell tacos with cabbage slaw, fried panko bread crumb-crusted avocado, cotija cheese and sriracha aioli ($15)
- Tuna crunchy shell tacos layered with avocado, mango salsa and ahi tuna, tossed in a soy-ginger glaze and sesame seed blend ($18)
- Shrimp soft shell tacos layered with marinated shrimp, cilantro, lime, cabbage slaw, sriracha garlic lemon aioli and cotija cheese ($17)
- Short rib crunchy shell tacos layered with cabbage slaw, shredded short rib, cowboy candy, Alabama white barbecue sauce and cotija cheese ($17).
All sandwiches are served with fries, including:
- Salmon BLT with grilled salmon, arugula, tomato, smoked applewood bacon and caper dill aioli on a ciabatta roll ($19)
- Crispy chicken sandwich with karaage-battered and deep-fried chicken, topped with bibb lettuce, tomato, pickle chips and gochujang aioli on a brioche bun ($15)
- House burger with an 8-ounce custom burger blend, topped with bourbon-bacon jam, bibb lettuce, tomato and herb goat cheese on a brioche bun ($17)
- Lobster roll with lobster claw meat, topped with mayonnaise, celery, red onion and fresh dill on a brioche roll ($25)
- Crab cake sandwich with pan-seared crab cake, topped with bibb lettuce, tomato and tangy mustard sauce on a brioche bun ($19)
- Short rib grilled cheese with shredded braised short rib, caramelized onion and white American cheese on Texas toast ($18)
Top off the meal with a dessert: the chef’s cheesecake ($9), Key lime pie ($10), creme brulee ($9) or chocolate truffle cake ($12).
The restaurant also has an extensive liquor and beer menu, featuring a variety of martinis, smoked drinks, sweet drinks, tropical drinks, bubbly drinks, wine, draft beer and bottled beer.
Happy hour is 4-6 p.m. Monday through Friday at the bar and designated lounge area. Draft beers, select wines and craft cocktails are half-price.
Waterfront Sailfish Lounge & Grill
- Address: 131 S.W. Flagler Ave., Stuart
- Hours: 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday-Friday, 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday
- Phone: 772-288-1881
- Website: fspancebook.com/WspanterfrontStuspanrtFL