Clean up local waterways, celebrate Oktoberfest, run a race, hang out with dogs and enjoy live music this weekend.
Here’s your Five on Friday weekend update for the Treasure Coast.
Indian River County
International Coastal Cleanup
- 9-11 a.m. Saturday
- Over 15 locations across Indian River County
- The 37th annual event brings together boaters, paddlers, walkers and other volunteers to help remove garbage from the water and the shoreline. Register online to select a location. Supplies and t-shirts will be provided.
- Free to participate
- Noon to 10 p.m. Saturday
- Mash Monkeys Brewing Company, 920 U.S. 1, Sebastian
- The fifth annual event features special German-style beer releases and a few German guest taps; the Lenand10 food truck from noon to 8 p.m. with German delicacies, such as schnitzel, beer cheese and bratwurst; the Sleeping Dogz Band from 4-7 p.m.; and a stein-holding competition.
- Free admission
St. Lucie County
Out Run Hunger 5K
- 7 a.m. Saturday (6 a.m. packet pickup)
- Causeway Cove Marina, 601 Seaway Drive, Fort Pierce
- The second annual race is a flat course for runners of all levels. Awards are given to the top three male and female finishers in each category. All participants get a t-shirt, finisher medal and chip timing. Proceeds benefit the Treasure Coast Food Bank’s programs for children, families and seniors.
- $35 registration fee for all ages
Dog Gone Good Day
- 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday
- Heathcote Botanical Gardens, 210 Savannah Road, Fort Pierce
- The event includes law enforcement K-9 demonstrations, canine CPR and massage, a dog photographer, raffles, food trucks, games and dogs available for adoption. The first 100 dogs get free gifts.
- Free admission, but donations accepted
True Rumors Fleetwood Mac Show
- 7-10 p.m. Saturday (6 p.m. doors open)
- Terra Fermata Tiki Bar, 26 S.E. Sixth St., Stuart
- True Rumors covers Fleetwood Mac songs over the course of three hours. Ages 21 and older.
- $10 admission, plus $2 online fee