Watch a derby race, eat at food trucks, check out a VW show, go to a fall festival and celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month this weekend.
Here’s your Five on Friday weekend update for the Treasure Coast.
Indian River County
- 1-4 p.m. Saturday
- Walking Tree Brewery, 3209 Dodger Road, Vero Beach
- The second annual event features derby cars made out of recycled material that must make it through five challenges along the racecourse. Participants are encouraged to choose a theme and wear costumes. Vendors and food trucks will be on site. Proceeds benefit Coastal Connections.
- Free admission, $40 registration in advance or $50 at the event
St. Lucie County
Battle of the Food Trucks
- 3-9 p.m. Saturday
- Tradition Square, 10593 S.W. Meeting St., Port St. Lucie
- The event has over 20 gourmet food trucks, as well as celebrity food judges, food competitions, a live band and cold drinks. Bring blankets and lawn chairs. Rain or shine.
- Free admission and parking, food prices range from $3-$25
San Juan Festival & Business Expo
- 3-10 p.m. Saturday
- MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Event Center, 9221 S.E. Event Center Place, Port St. Lucie
- The 19th annual event celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month features traditional dance and musical performances, an open-air food court with authentic Latin American food, business vendors, arts and crafts, children’s activities and a bounce house. Bring chairs.
- $15 for adults, $5 for ages 5-11, free for ages 4 and younger, free parking
- 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday
- Islamorada Brewery & Distillery, 3200 St. Lucie Blvd., Fort Pierce
- The seventh annual event has features Volkswagen cars and buses with the Treasure Coast V-Dub Club, as well as raffles, food trucks, trophies and pet adoptions. Proceeds benefit Nala’s New Life Rescue.
- Free admission
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday
- Children’s Museum of the Treasure Coast, 1707 N.E. Indian River Drive, Jensen Beach
- The fall event is packed with crafts, children’s activities, vendors and food trucks.
- $5 admission, free for museum members