Always remember and never forget this weekend with events honoring the lives lost on Sept. 11.
Here’s your Five on Friday weekend update for the Treasure Coast.
Indian River County
Tunnel to Towers 5K Run & Walk
- 7:15 a.m. Saturday
- Riverside Park, 3280 Riverside Park Drive, Vero Beach
- Follow the footsteps of Sept. 11 hero, New York City firefighter Stephen Siller, to honor the sacrifices of first responders and military members. Everyone is welcome to participate in the 5K. Register online in advance or register the morning of starting at 7 a.m.
- $35 for adults, $25 for first responders and military with ID, $15 for ages 13-17, $10 for ages 12 and younger, all in advance; $10 extra for registration at event
Family Fun Ruck
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday
- Indian River State College, 500 N.W. California Blvd., Port St. Lucie
- The second annual event honoring the lives lost on Sept. 11 includes a 1-mile ruck march, live music, a K-9 demonstration, the St. Lucie County Fire District, a bounce house, vendor booths, food trucks and free beer. Fill your ruck sack (backpack) with non-perishables, baby items or personal hygiene products for donation to Sarah’s Kitchen of the Treasure Coast. Proceeds benefit Indian River State College Veteran Scholarship Fund and DDS4Vets.
- Free registration, but waiver must be completed online in advance or the morning of the event
St. Lucie County
9/11 Stair Climb or Run/Walk
- 8 a.m. Sunday
- IRSC Treasure Coast Public Safety Training Complex, 4600 Kirby Loop Road, Fort Pierce
- Join the St. Lucie County Fire District, HCA Florida Lawnwood Hospital, Play Treasure Coast Sports and Indian River State College as they team up to honor Sept. 11 victims. The tower stair climb can accommodate only up to 30 participants, ages 18 years or older, so there will be a 2-mile run/walk simultaneously, equivalent to climbing 110 flights. The first 50 registrants will receive a t-shirt, and the first 200 will receive a goodie bag. Proceeds benefit the St. Lucie County Hundred Club.
- $40 registration
Collins & Company Band
- 1-4 p.m. Sunday
- Summer Crush Vineyard & Winery, 4200 Johnston Road, Fort Pierce
- The Collins & Company Band will play a special set celebrating the music of Genesis and Phil Collins. Papa Trattoria’s food truck will be on site. Rain or shine.
- $5 single admission pass; tables have additional fee
Kitty Catalina Wine Mixer
- 6-8 p.m. Friday
- Humane Society of the Treasure Coast, 4100 S.W. Leighton Farm Avenue, Palm City
- Enjoy live music while strolling the gardens, tasting light bites and Florida wines and socializing with people and furry felines. Attendees also will have opportunities to win kitty-themed raffle baskets. Cat adoption fees will be waived during the event. Ages 21 and older.
- $25 entry fee includes admission and one raffle ticket